Tuesday, November 15, 2005

from Neil Gaiman on To the Best of our Knowledge...

Quoting the Kabalah...

"I heard once an old myth that the Angel of Death is so beautiful, when you see the Angel of Death, you fall in love--so hard--that your soul is sucked out through your eyes and goes off with the Angel...."

-------------------

Thinking about that some more, I am now wondering if that is why we spend so much time falling in and out of love. We're practicing for our True Love, for the moment of Death.

------------------

I've been in love once -- so hard -- that I could feel my soul being sucked out through my eyes. In my case, my love was 100% unrequited.

What if that happened at death, that the Angel of Death came and I loved, once again, that much and even Death would not have me?

0 Casrh Tset Reulst:

Post a Comment

<< Home